What is happening in the rift?
99 Neverrift TCG rounds full of fun
We held a play testing event at Gate to the Games! Over the course of five days, our colleagues with their varying taming skill levels played almost 100 games. We collected a lot of data and analyzed the results. Here is what we learned:
- The current average duration of a round is 24 minutes.
- 55% of winners had the last turn. Sometimes that was strategically planned, sometimes it happened by chance.
- The most draws at the end happened between the Sworn and the Royal Empire. Coincidence or did the Sworn plan this behind our back? We will keep you updated. 😉
- It is possible to play the Neverrift TCG as a 2 versus 2 game on a 4×8 arena. This will double the playtime to 48 minutes per game and is extremely fun up until the last turn.
- Our best player has a win rate of 82% proving that skill beats luck!
- The most picked deck was the Verdant Pact deck.
- The Verdant Pact deck won 65% of the games it was picked at. We will definitely work on that.
- The tamer effects were often forgotten. We will address this issue soon because it is such a big part of the gameplay.
With this amount of valuable input, we can continue our quest to perfectly balanced starter decks!
Let’s put cardboard gaming to the side for now and focus on the Neverrift TCG mobile app. A total of 52 effects are already in the game! That includes the passive and active tamer effects. Only two already tested effects are yet to be implemented, and we have to create another type of spell that can only then be added to the app. Still, it’s crazy how far the app has come in the past eight months. Right now we are bug hunting and focusing on the user interface. Our goal is to guide you through the game well. 🙂
Thank you for reading!
Hello there! This is Konsti from Neverrift. I would like to take a moment and give you some insight of what went on in the rift for the month of August.
First of all we tried to survive the heatwaves here in Germany, as I am sure, most of you did. Don’t worry though. We got enough “cool“ stuff to share to get you acclimated. 😉
We are glad to share that artist commissions are right on track with what we planned and will be finished in the foreseeable future. We will share some of those new cards on Instagram and have some more interactions on our socials with you, like the choosing between two sketches of a card artwork in our Instagram story.
When designing a card game with over 150 cards there is a point where a revamp of the phrasing is necessary. Especially if there are multiple people throwing in card ideas, you will end up with many variations of descriptive texts. In August we did this and came up with a good system for now. Maybe you can spot the changes in future cards.
Right now we are preparing for our second internal playtesting on a greater scale. This will have card game enthusiasts of Gate to the Games battling for four days, testing all five starter decks against each other. There is much to catch up on since the last greater playtesting happened with only the Sworn and Outcast decks. We can’t wait to be able to have some of you join us in playtesting at some point in the future.
And last but not least here is some info about the digital version of Neverrift: There have been some major updates in regards to progress. Since they would be pretty long to discuss in detail, here are some bullet points:
- Base game logic has been implemented
- Creature, spell and place cards have been implemented
- Starter Decks for each fraction implemented
- Currently we have 25 different effects implemented (more if you count similar effects for creatures, places and spells as different)
- You can choose between faction decks before playing
Huge tribute to our programmer Marie! 🙂
I hope you liked my short update. Stay tuned for more!
Till our next meeting
We are online!
Hello Tamers! It is official now: We are online and ready to connect with you via Instagram, Facebook, our newsletter and Discord. A lot happened in the last week. Some highlights are:
- 💯 In just one week the Neverrift TCG community on Instagram reached over 100 people! Incredible!
- 💀 The majority of tamers over on Discord chose the Sworn as their faction, closely followed by the Outcast and the Verdant Pact. As a Sworn representative myself, I count that as a personal win! It is interesting to see how this ratio changes the more people join in.
- 🥳 The five starter sets for internal testing are done! More on that below.
It is no secret that developing a card game comes with a lot of trial and error. The five faction starter sets are relatively balanced now and fun but challenging to play, depending on the opponent. We aim for a unique feeling for each faction, allowing every kind of player to find a faction that fits their style.
What’s next? We will continue to balance the existing decks, add more cards and keep you updated about our progress. If you want to talk to us, don’t hesitate to reach out on your favourite social media platform.
Thank you for reading
Welcome to the Neverrift!
It all started with a spark of inspiration in the mind of Markus, founder of Gate to the Games GmbH residing in Sülzetal, Germany. Serious game development started in March 2022 when Marie, Konsti and Lisa (me) joined Markus in his endeavour working towards one big goal: Releasing Neverrift Trading Card Game as a mobile app and a physical game. Of course we are supported locally by all these card lovers at GttG and we hire artists from all over the globe to capture the beauty of the world of Neverrift in every single artwork.
When starting the development of Neverrift TCG we had 3 main goals in mind:
- Innovating the card gaming experience by battling in 2 dimensions.
- Honouring our artists by putting their hard work as full art cards into the spotlight as it deserves.
- Keeping the rules simple for beginners while allowing experts to play with strategy, synergy and skill.
We will face many challenges on our way to release Neverrift TCG in both digital and physical form but we are happy to take you along with us on this exciting journey. In our monthly updates we want to show you the highlights of our progress, insight in our daily work and abandoned ideas that can crawl right back into the Neverrift where they belong.
Thank you for reading
Jump into the Neverrift!
Be the first to see the hottest news and releases about Neverrift TCG by subscribing to our newsletter below (coming soon). Follow us for more bite sized content on Instagram and become a part of our community over at our Discord server (coming soon).